We will be opening for URGENT CARE ONLY on May 26th and will operate based on the opening guidelines established by Governor Inslee, OSHA, CDC, and Washington Department of Health. Examples of urgent care include, but are not limited to, lymphatic overwhelm issues, severe whiplash, and acute pain control. Merely having a prescription for massage is not sufficient to establish urgent care. Please respond to this email if you are in need of urgent care massage and we will contact you to schedule.
We will be fully open to all clients in phase two of the governor’s plan to reopen the state. At the end of May, we are hoping to hear a more specific time frame to open, and we will start scheduling as soon as we can. As we follow the governor’s mandated closure, we are taking significant steps to make our wellness spa be on point for when we return. Here are some of the changes you will see at Ballaura.
Spa Covid-19 Enhancements :
- New hydraulic lift tables in each room. Having this table upgrade ensures our therapists have the most efficient angle to work on you while maintaining proper body mechanics (we ❤❤ our staff). We will also be able to lower the table very low to the ground if you have trouble getting on the table.
- Medical-grade laundry hampers with foot levers and lids.
- We will be removing all of the plush blankets from each table to cut down on the laundry and will be using two sheets as a cover. We will be turning up the temperature in the spa and on the table if requested.
- We are also very excited🙌 to announce the installation of our new iwave air purification system to improve our building’s air quality! This system breaks down pathogens, allergens, particles, smoke, odors, and VOCs in the air, creating a healthy environment without producing any harmful byproducts like ozone or unstable ROS (Reactive Oxidation Species) molecules that result in the use of PCO technologies. If you are interested, please read more about this here.
- Other changes include our therapists changing aprons in between each client, face masks, and eye protection are to be worn by our therapist and clients, as suggested by the department of health.
New Client Protocol:
In addition to the enhancements that were explained in the previous paragraphs, you will see some changes in protocol when you arrive for your scheduled appointment.
- During scheduling, we will have you sign an acknowledgment of risk and verification of symptoms form that to your knowledge you have not had any covid-19 symptoms in the last 2-weeks.
- Please do not arrive more than 5-minutes early to your appointment.
- Our front door will remain locked to limit traffic, we will buzz you in and your therapist will greet you at the door for your scheduled appointment.
- To maintain the social distancing protocol, we will be bringing clients straight back to the treatment room as you arrive.
- A mask is required upon entering our building and must remain on until the clinic staff asks for it to be removed. Please bring your own mask as we are trying to conserve our PPE supplies during this current shortage. If you need us to provide a mask for you, please let us know.
- We have hand sanitizer in a touchless dispenser at the entrance to our office for you to use upon arrival. These also are placed throughout the spa conveniently for your use.
- Clients will be required to wear eye protection when lying face up during the treatment while the therapist is working on the upper body. We can provide proper eye protection if you do not have your own.
- Prior to your treatment your therapist will take your temperature with a non-contact thermometer and show you your temperature.
- Limit talking in massage sessions to decrease droplets that spread the virus.
Thank you for understanding these changes to our protocol. Your trust and loyalty mean everything to us, and we look forward to seeing you very soon. We believe that infection control & sanitation is one of the most critical concepts in our wellness spa. We always have and will continue to demonstrate safe treatments and a clean environment.
Founder and Owner of Ballaura Wellness Spa